Final Results – @FFMagicMan Experts’ Freeroll
If you’ve followed my blog all season, you know that at the beginning of 2012 I hosted a fantasy football freeroll contest which featured 16 teams – 15 fantasy football analysts and one contestent drawn at random from my Twitter followers. At stake was a $50 prize, and the results are in!
The league was a best-ball style, which means that we drafted our respective teams and then there were no more moves. It is a style which relies on a solid draft and a lot of luck, since you can’t replace injured players and/or improve your team throughout the year. My last update was after eight weeks, and at that time Mike Clay from Pro Football Focus was in the lead, followed by Allie Fontana and the Ricks from Asylum Football.
Just as in the real NFL (Chicago Bears anyone?), things can change quickly and while Mike Clay held on to third place overall, the other two mid-season leaders were overtaken by some teams that finished the season strong. Without further delay, here are the final standings for this inaugural season:
16. Ryan Fowler – FOX Sports – 1788.65
15. Jim Day – fantasytaz.com – 1852.65
14. Micah James – ffmagicman.com – 1916.75
13. Kevin O’Keefe – our fan entry! – 2037.50
12. Chet Gresham – thefakefootball.com – 2056.75
11. Shane Hallam – Draft Countdown – 2098.30
10. Jeff Haseley – Football Guys – 2134.95
9. Jarrett Behar – Dynasty League Football – 2144.95
8. Ryan McDowell – Dynasty League Football – 2150.15
7. John Beckler – Pro Football Addicts – 2152.35
6. Allie Fontana – 2152.65
5. Rick Fleeger and Rick Briggs - Fantasy Asylum.com - 2181.75
4. Bob Harris – Football Diehards – 2223.10
3. Mike Clay – Pro Football Focus – 2261.05
2. Alex Miglio – Pro Football Focus – 2264.35
1. Joshua Kay – The Fantasy Fix – 2361.50
Congratulations Josh! His team was led by 2nd-round pick Brandon Marshall and 5th-round steal Reggie Wayne, as well as a nice finishing charge by Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson (Josh’s 11th-round choice).
Looking forward to a new contest next year…keep posted here and on my Twitter feed for your chance to participate!